Mock Moroccan Couscous
A couscous dish that even your kids will love and they won't know it's not pasta, but cauliflower. Mine son is super picky and he couldn't guess. It's super easy and delish ! You can make it a Greek or Italian salad too by changing spices and condiments.
Write a review
- 1 head of cauliflower. A small head will feed 3-4 servings, a large 6 servings. Remove core.
- Chopped onion - 1 small for 3-4 servings or large for 6 servings
- Butter, olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp. of Curry powder * start with smaller amount, taste and then increase if needed
- 1/4 tsp. Cumin seeds or ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Chicken stock or water
- Slivered toasted almonds
- Chopped cilantro
- * you can try different spices for an Italian flavor; try different fruits like dried apricots; substitute cilantro for chopped parsley
- Place RAW chunks of cauliflower in the food processor and pulse until you get very small pieces, or use a box grater and manually grate the raw cauliflower.
- Melt butter or oil in large skillet.
- Add chopped onion and cauliflower couscous.
- Sauté until browned and softened, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add spices, raisins and if mixture is dry, add water or stock. You can use several Tablespoons depending on how moist and sticky you like your couscous. If I am serving with a
- meat or chicken with a natural juice or sauce, I will leave dry.
- Top with chopped cilantro and almonds are optional.
- Will keep for a week in your fridge. Makes a great thermos item and will never get mushy.
- Excellent with Chicken Stew with Cashews and Saffron.
Life with IBD http://lifewithibd.com/