Maple Syrup substitute
Write a review
- 1 stick of butter, or 8 Tablespoons. Organic butter is best and I prefer Kerry Gold or Strauss. (they don't use soy in their feed and mostly pastured cows)
- 5-6 Tablespoons honey
- 1 tsp. maple syrup flavoring
- 1/2 tsp. water to thin honey
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and honey. Thin with water if too dense for your liking.
- Add maple syrup flavoring to taste, but start with 1 tsp. and add more if desired.
- You can add frozen blueberries or raspberries to this while it cooks - about 5 mins. Omit water if using fruit in butter.
- It's delicious and so much healthier and less expensive than Grade A or B Maple.
Life with IBD http://lifewithibd.com/